There’s a reason that millions of tourists flock to the Sunshine State every year—it’s an amazing state for vacation, travel and fun. Here’s a quick list of some of the most popular destinations and activities for you and your family while in south Florida:
- Forts and shipwrecks—when the Spanish first set foot on the coast of Florida, they had greed and extended life on their minds. That lead to war. Forts were constructed, ships were sunk and great tourist attractions were born.
- Beaches and the Atlantic Ocean/Gulf—this is probably the most obvious reason so many people come from all over the world and head to places like Ft. Pierce and other tropical destinations. You can swim, surf, snorkel, jet ski, scuba dive, boat, fish and so much more along Florida’s rich coast.
- Everglades—there’s not another place quite like it on the planet. With over 700 different plant and 300 different bird species, the Everglades is truly a unique experience.
- Space and Cars—check out the Kennedy Space Center and go through all the different museums and attractions related to the final frontier. Or get your engine going with some high speed racing. Florida is home to Daytona International Speedway, Homestead-Miami Speedway and driving attractions throughout the many theme parks.
- Treasure Coast—as the name implies, it is a beautiful area of south Florida on the Atlantic Ocean that offers hospitality, good food and great culture. Named after the sunken treasure ships along its shores, the Treasure Coast will be sure to provide something for everyone.